In Texas, divorcing parents with children under the age of 18 must complete a 4-hour parenting education and family stabilization course. Since 2000, we have helped hundreds of divorcing parents meet their mandated requirements as well as gain valuable insight into the process for creating a healthy divorce.
Our course covers a wide range of topics including:
1. the emotional effects of divorce on parents
2. the emotional and behavioral reactions to divorce by young children and adolescents
3. parenting issues relating to the concerns and needs of children at different development stages
4. stress indicators in young children and adolescents
5. conflict management
6. family stabilization through development of a co-parenting relationship
7. the financial responsibilities of parenting
8. family violence, spousal abuse, and child abuse and neglect
9. the availability of community services and resources.
Certificate of completion will be issued immediately after completing the course.
For more information or to speak with one of our specialists, call 713-600-9400.